CLC is an educational preschool established in July 2004 and inspired by the Reggio Approach. CLC is dedicated to help form the character of the next generation, as well as aiding them with the tools of being independent learners.
Focusing on early literacy is a number one priority. This is carried out thru one-to-one daily reading sessions, in a fun and proactive way that the children enjoy. The result of this is apparent when our children are off to school and their level exceeds their age grade-level.
An asset of CLC that we take great pride in is the psychological well-being of the children. This is done in a number of ways, one of which is conducting periodical teachers training and parenting workshops under the guidance of Dr. Mona Youssri (Child Psychiatrist, Family Counselor and CLC Founder)In addition to such trainings, a department of resident psychologists and behavior coaches is available at all times, welcoming newcomers, easing their start with us, and also dealing with specific behavioral issues that might appear in some children as well as providing child counseling to parents and teachers whenever needed.
In CLC, we are proud to be part of a very important phase of the children’s life as we believe that the first five years of a child’s life are the years that form the child’s personality (the crucial early years). We believe that every child is really capable, able to handle responsibility, has unlimited potential and is the constructor of his own experience.
We respect every child’s rights. We believe that the rights of the child include the right to be recognized and acknowledged, the right to build up his own learning and not to be given information by others and the right to learn in a way in which participation becomes a strategy for learning.
Listening to the child is always a priority in our learning process. We believe that no child is bad or naughty. This child is only out of the care giver’s control. We truly believe that Children listen to their parents when parents learn how to listen to their children.
- Hits: 3374
CLC staff members are chosen with great care by the management.
- All teachers must be fluent in English or in French.
- All teachers should show a passion for teaching preschoolers and an ability to learn and research.
- CLC follows a non-discrimination policy where we are by no means critical of any race, religion, or gender.
- We are keen on having two teachers in the class, rather than a teacher and an assistant. This is to ensure having a proper, fluent atmosphere for all children during their time at CLC.
- At CLC, we follow an international adult to child ratio which varies according to the age of the children. For toddlers till 2 yrs, 1 adult per 5 children. 1 adult per 8 children for age 2.6 and 1 adult per 10 children for older ages.
- Teachers refrain from speaking Arabic. They are asked to encourage the children to use the language they are learning but they do not punish the children if they speak in Arabic which is most of the time the child’s native language.
- All teachers must be university graduates, with either some experience with children, or showing high potential with proper training.
- All teachers and staff members undergo professional monthly trainings related to teaching methods, classroom management, how to deal with behavior problems, how to teach nursery children to optimize their growth as well as Reggio related trainings and other child psychology related or self-development trainings
- CLCian staff members are asked to attend all the monthly trainings and submit the training assessments in order to obtain the CLCian Educator certificate.
ONLY CURRENT OR FORMER CLCIAN STAFF MEMBERS WHO HOLD THIS CERTIFICATE ARE CONSIDERED CLCIAN TEACHERS WHO COMPLETELY ATTENDED AND PERFECTLY APPLIED CLC'S PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS TRAINING AND SHOWED SIGNIFICANT UNDERSTANDING AND APPLICATION OF THIS TRAINING OVER A PERIOD OF ONE WHOLE YEAR OR MORE IN CLC.
- All teachers are subjected to a professional semiannual evaluation that assesses the extent to which the teacher is applying all CLC’s approach related details during her work with the children. The evaluation results decide whether the teacher should be promoted, demoted or dismissed. Also, the evaluation ensures maintaining the quality of teaching that CLCian teachers provide to the children during their recruitment period in CLC.
Who is the CLCian Teacher?
- The CLCian Staff Promise to the CLCian Child
Want to become a CLCian Staff Member? Go to: CLC CAREERS
- Hits: 3235